The Young Astronomers Newsletter
By Bob Patsiga
In this month’s edition of the newsletter Bob discusses:
- Updates on progress and discoveries by the Mars rovers and lander (Curiosity, Opportunity and Phoenix). Discovery of rocks and minerals that support presence of ancient bodies of water.
- Description of China’s new, huge radio telescope. The world’s largest single-dish radio telescope.
- Revelations from Supernova 1987A. Expanding gas and matter is creating unique patterns.
- Astronomical April birthdays.
- Celestial happenings for April.
- Two comets are in Draco and one may be visible with binoculars.