The Young Astronomers Newsletter
By Bob Patsiga
In this month’s edition of the newsletter Bob discusses:
- NASA needing to adjust Voyager-1’s attitude to better communicate with Earth, resort to creative engineering solutions to further ensure its mission duration.
- Researchers at CERN have discovered methods to isolate and capture small amounts of anti-matter, They have made initial studies of what they have captured.
- Astronomers in Australia have found the oldest galaxy to date, 10.7 Billion years old.
- The anniversary of the launch of Sputnik-1 and the implications it had for the United States space program and education system.
- Attempts by astronomers to detect exo-moons orbiting exo-planets.
- Astronomical birthdays for January.
- Celestial happenings in January.
And this month’s newsletter includes astronomical history matching game.